Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Fabric Bench, finisimo!

Tada! a project i've been working on for a while now is ready to go! i found this frame at our local ReSource yard for $3, brought it home, mended the legs, sanded and repainted to a bright white. next I simplified my closet - tearing apart old clothes I loved too much to donate, but didn't wear anymore. i braided them into vertical and horizontal lengths and wove the braids through each other to create a taught base. Voila! a bench of recycled fabrics. it's my kinda spin on the old fashion quilt, super colorful and sentimental in many ways. just had to share!
i know it's a long shot, but i've entered it into Urban Outfitter's This Into That Contest, check it out!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, yeah, yeah. I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing project! I love it! I hope you win the contest.

    ReplyDelete